Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Canada's Wonderland, Ontario

the victoria high divers

the legendary WindSeeker

AHAHAHAHAHA

BAHAHAHAHA

1920's Antique Carousel

YAY!



rock on!!! This ride is the best!!!! :P

the windseeker at night :D

thanks, Canada's Wonderland! We had a ball!



Yesterday we had a blast at Canada’s Wonderland. We were there from just before noon to 10:30 at night! We went on so many scary but fun rides - it’s surprising just how brave you can be! I almost went on the WindSeeker with mum, but then felt faint when it was our turn, so I chickened out at the very last second, and mum went on by herself. It was quite exciting to watch, but when she got down, she said that was the scariest ride she’d ever been on, and she was glad I didn’t go on, too, because she wouldn’t want me to faint or something awful like that. OMG, imagine if you fainted really high up in the air, and then came to after they’d started up another round and you were up in the air again. How frightening. Anyway, that was the first ride of the day, and mum went on it! I’m so proud of her. Mum and I went on lots of rides together - I thought she was pretty gutsy to be doing that with me - Taysia sat out on lots of them because she thought they were too scary. And frankly, she was right, for most of them. She would be scared on the ones she sat out on. I wasn’t, though! :)
It was so hot we could barely breath, but we were having so much fun we barely noticed, because the rides went so fast! We went through every last drop of our water bottles, and I think we sweated it all off, too! SO. MUCH SWEAT. Gross. 
My favorite ride was the cyclone, a.k.a crazy beach party, for us Vancouverites. But this one was scarier, and higher! :D  The seats were outside of the ride, instead of on the inside, so it was way more intense! That one took home the prize for both mum and I.  We all also went on a ride called Klokwerks (clockworks) for kids (big kids, I might add) that (in groups of two) spun everybody around in a circle, and when some cars were down, the other one went WAY up, and then back down again at a pretty fast speed. SO FUN. That was also one of my favorites.
We also went on the antique carousel, built in 1920, I might add, and the guy running it seemed really into his job, and he sang kids songs that had to do with going around and around, (ex: the wheels on the bus go round and round). He was my favorite.  Later, we made our way down to the kiddie section, where we rode a swan ride. It was thrill level one, which basically means snore-fest. It’s basically riding on a motorized swan in a set route, that fits four people, but only one adult is allowed on, so mum wasn’t able to go on. So Taysia and I had fun in our sarcastic way by pretending that the ride was the scariest ride we’d ever been on (even though it was the slowest) and putting our arms up and screaming “WOOAAAAHH!!!”. Mum said that was the ride she enjoyed seeing us go on the most, because it was so funny :P
Taysia and I also went on the Ghoster Coaster in the Snoopy Ville kids section, which was a roller coaster for kids. Well, I don’t know how much it was for kids, because that was pretty intense! The Dropoff was pretty darn steep, and it went pretty darn fast! I was impressed. Later, mum and I went on a ride called the “Time Warp”. On the time warp, you get on standing up, and they strap you in, and then the ride tilts you forward, enough so that you’re laying on your stomach, and then it takes you up, and then it sends you shooting through twists and turns, and turns you upside down for a second, then again, and more twists and turns, and plenty of screams later, you come to an abrupt stop, and then it tilts you back, standing up, and then you hobble wearily away to the exit That was a lot of fun, I thought, but mum didn’t like that one so much.  
Later on, I decided to order a cookiewich, which is basically an entire large ice cream cone worth of ice cream, sandwiched in between two large cookies, and rolled in chocolate chips.  It was delicious, but between the three of us, we couldn’t even finish half, we were so full. That plus other fair food... Uhg. So.. Much. Food. Then after, we went to the big mountain, and they put on a fantastically animated light show for Canada’s Wonderland’s 30th birthday, projected perfectly onto the mountain, complete with tons of colors, and a scary looking dragon. It was awesome, to say the least. Taysia covered her ears the whole time, because the music was so loud, she could still hear it, loud and clear, though.

1 comment: